Virginia’s state and local chapters of the AIA and Virginia…
The Blue Ridge Chapter of CSI is planning to offer learning sessions for the Construction Document Technology that will aid in passing the CSI’s CDT Exam. If you are interested or know of others who would be interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The Chapter is preparing to offer a series of 12 sessions starting in January through March to prepare for the Spring 2014 exam.
The following is from the CSI web site to explain the CDT program:
Pass the Construction Documents Technologist Exam (CDT), and you’ll join an elite group of professionals known in the industry for their comprehensive knowledge of the writing and management of construction documents.
Getting your CDT means:
- Adding “CDT” after your name, to your business card and to your resume
- Understanding how a project unfolds from conception to delivery
- Understanding the documentation involved
- Getting listed in the Certificant’s Directory
- The CSI’s CDT program has provided foundation training in construction documentation for architects, contractors, contract administrators, specifiers, and manufacturers’ representatives for decades. As the cornerstone of the CSI’s certification program, it’s also a prerequisite to CSI’s advanced certification exams: Certified Construction Specifier (CCS), Certified Construction Contract Administrator (CCCA), or Certified Construction Product Representative (CCPR) certification.
Exams will be offered from dates to follow in the U.S. & Canada.
CSI Registration opens: To follow
CSI Early registration deadline: To follow
CSI Final registration deadline: To follow
Anticipated Cost for the exam is: $240 for CSI Members & $375 for Non-CSI Members for early registration; $295 for CSI Members & $430 for Non CSI Members; $105 for Students.
The cost for the required text: $90.75 (we can purchase it for you at member-cost with shipping included)
Sessions: Just your time to attend the 2-hour sessions and studying! (Yes – there will be homework!)
“Studying for and taking the CDT exam opened my eyes to a new world. I learned so much about construction documents and the industry as a whole. I felt that I had a HUGE advantage over my peers because I learned much more about the industry than they had in a short period of time. Right now, I am eligible to sit for my ARE (Architecture Registration Exam). I have no doubt in my mind that I will pass all parts of my licensing exam because of the knowledge and assistance that I received from CSI.”
— Kevin Phillips, CSI, CDT
Questions? Contact CSI Member Services at email@example.com or 800-689-2900.
If you already hold the CDT credential, perhaps you know someone who could benefit from having the CDT credential. Please forward this to anyone who would be interested. Have them contact Glenn Riemer at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can begin to arrange the time and place for the 12 learning sessions.