WHEN: 17 OCT 2020, 8am – 2pm
WHERE: 2227 Melrose Avenue, Roanoke 24017
**Melrose Avenue is a very busy and crowded street. Please do not park on Melrose. Please instead park on one of the side roads, 22nd or 23rd Street and walk around to the build site. A better option would be to park in the paved cul-de-sac behind the Sun Trust Bank building and cross over to the build site. Be very careful crossing Melrose.
Join AIA Blue Ridge as we support Habitat for Humanity in the Roanoke Valley for a day of community building.
With the evolving COVID situation and phased reopening, we are looking for up to 12 volunteers.
Volunteers will need to bring their own lunch and we strongly suggest their own work gloves. Please dress for the weather and wear sturdy closed toed shoes like hiking boots.
- If you are feeling ill in any way, please do not participate in this build day.
- We will have a sanitizing station, but each volunteer is encouraged to bring their own disinfecting supplies for individual use. Tools and common surfaces will be cleaned before, during and at the end of the build day.
- Please bring your own face covering. With outdoor work and spacing, face covering requirements may be able to relax, but please have them available for any presenting close-proximity work.
- We will not be providing communal coffee at this time. Volunteers are welcome to bring their own coffee.
- We will have communal iced water as well as single use water bottles on site, and volunteers are encouraged to bring their own water.
- Snacks will be provided and all will be in individually wrapped packaging.
- Volunteers will need to bring their own lunch and we strongly suggest their own work gloves.
- Please dress for the weather and wear sturdy closed toed shoes like hiking boots.
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older.
Each volunteer will be asked to bring a completed copy of the waiver to the build site on that Saturday.RSVP BY EMAIL